Please be skeptical whenever you're contacted by someone claiming to be from Wildfire Credit Union.
Remember that scammers can spoof phone numbers and make their calls appear like they are coming from Wildfire, so trusting your caller ID offers no guarantee.
Familiarize yourself with the information below that only scammers will ask. That way if someone contacts you requesting this information, it's an immediate red flag. Here are a few examples:
- Your Social Security number, Account Number, or over the phone password.
- Login information for your online or mobile banking account: username and password.
- Your debit card information, including your expiration date and security code.
- One-time login codes for online banking or mobile app.
- Request you to click a link in a text or email.
Wildfire Credit Union will never contact you asking for any of this information. We will also never request to log in to your online banking or mobile app or ask you to initiate any type of transaction, such as a P2P transfer. Anyone who asks for these things is a scammer!